KORUA CARVING SESSION IN LAAX
Postponed Due To Covid-19 Virus
Learn to turn like our KORUA ambassadors! Proper turning technique is key to hold an edge on hard groomers and goes hand-in-hand with good riding style... which translates all the way to riding powder. At our KORUA Carving Session in Laax you will have the opportunity to discuss and practice individual turn technique, as well as choice of line, binding setup, and board tuning to further develop your skills. Our ambassadors, known from our Yearning For Turning video series, will take you riding on banked corners, quarter pipes, and spines provided by the world famous snowpark of Laax; as well as incorporating the natural terrain as much as possible. The idea is to surf the mountain!
This same weekend Laax will be under the spell of the Pleasure Springtime Session. An event made by snowboarders for snowboarders. The KORUA Carving Session will certainly be part of it! After a full day on the mountain with KORUA, you will have plenty of opportunities linked to the Pleasure springtime session to enjoy a cold one. It's going to be a rad weekend on and off the hill with like-minded people. See you in April!
Friday, April 3
- 17:00 meet and greet at Riders Hotel Laax
- Introduction and opening words by Nicholas Wolken
- Pick your KORUA shape, followed up by a workshop/presentation on how to setup your stance and tune your board
- Dinner at Riders Hotel
- KORUA’s co-founder and lead ambassador, Nicholas Wolken, will present on climate change & sustainability
Saturday, April 4
- Go riding with KORUA ambassadors. Experience workshops, clinics and ride features like banked corners, quarter pipes, and spines provided by the world famous snowpark of Laax. This is the perfect playground to for us to work on surf inspired slashes and carving turns.
- Yearning For Turning movie night with some delicious beverages
Sunday, April 5
- Ride all day with KORUA ambassadors and some fun new challenges
- Recap with Nicholas at Riders Hotel
- Pack-up, goodbyes and high fives
- 2 days lift tickets for Laax
- 2 days carving sessions with coaching from KORUA ambassadors
- 2 nights accommodation in the Riders Hotel (breakfast included)
- KORUA demo boards
- Smiles & high-fives
Note: You are responsible to cover your own travel and meal costs (except for breakfast).
- You should be a capable snowboarder that is able to turn in all sorts of terrain
- Coordinate your own travel to and from Laax/Riders Hotel
- Cover your own meal expenses (lunch and dinner)
- Bring your own snowboard gear (boards and bindings will be provided if requested)
- € 375
- Note: Travel cost, food (except for breakfast) and drinks are not included
Registration is closed due to Covid-19 Virus.